MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE / STUDENT CENTER BUILDING - Monterey, CA - Commissioning
This project facility is a building with offices, lounges, cafes, kitchen, classrooms, meeting room, bookstore, and toilet rooms.
- The ventilation systems are hydronic heated ducted air handler units and exhaust fans.
- The kitchen is served by two exhaust hoods and a hydronic heated ducted make-up air unit.
- The dedicated server room space temperature is controlled through a fully separate cooling air conditioning system.
- Exhaust fans are used in the restrooms.
- Pumps circulate heating hot water from main plant loop throughout building.
- Numerous issues were discovered and resolved due to the commissioning services that ensured occupant comfort and safety.
- Adequate and efficient air delivery was verified as part of the air balance verification which resulted in several system adjustments.
- The heating coils were also verified against the initial water balance report to ensure adequate heating capacities.
- All of the systems are controlled though a building management system.